Welcome to CFHS Band Boosters!
We have an outstanding music education program at CFHS! Our Falcon Band ranks among the largest and best bands in Arizona, receiving multiple awards each year at local and state-wide competitions. Our jazz, concert, steel drum and small ensembles also have a reputation for excellence.
Due to the popularity and excellence of the band program, we anticipate enrollment of about 250 instrumental, colorguard and pomline students in our marching band each fall with an additional 100 students participating in jazz, steel and small ensembles. It costs close to $1000 in bus and truck rentals to transport a marching band of this size to an in-town competition. It costs about $500 to place one student in a marching uniform.
Add the costs of teacher's salaries, instruments, music, competition fees, marching show choreography, student leadership and master musician classes... and soon one understands what it takes to sustain a music program of this caliber. Band camp and other participation fees can also present a financial challenge for band families. Funding from the Catalina Foothills School District is only able to meet a portion of the CFHS music program's estimated budget.
Click here to visit the CFHS Band classroom website.
Congratulations CFHS Band 2013!
The Falcon Band had a very successful marching season in 2013, and the crowning moment was our Double Band Day: on Oct. 25 the Falcon Band traveled up to Flagstaff and performed the next morning at NAU Band Day, receiving a Superior rating. They then hopped back on the buses, drove back to Tucson, had a quick bite and then performed at U of A Band Day, earning a Superior with Distinction! Congratulations to the band and staff for these achievements!
What we do
Band Boosters help the band in a number of ways – some behind the scenes, and some out in front. Learn how you can get involved!
- Band Boosters fund raising activities help cover the difference between what the district is able to contribute and what the band would like to be able to include in its budget.
- Band Boosters sponsors band camp scholarships and volunteer events for students who wish to raise funds for their personal student accounts to cover their own band participation fees.
- Band Booster parent volunteers fill a myriad of roles, from fundraising, chairing committees, baking, sewing, copying, computer work, chaperoning, heavy lifting, feeding the kids, taking pictures, and much more. If you think you might be interested in volunteering in any capacity, rest assured that there are many seasoned volunteers to help you learn the job.
The CFHS Band Boosters are so proud of the band and help when and where we can. Thanks, in part, to the boosters, our students have had the opportunity to perform in the following venues:
- U of A Band Day 2011 CFHS is awarded the Milton B. Nunamaker Award for Distinction.
This award is given at UA Band Day only if the judging panel deems one band's performance to be of outstanding merit. This means that the Award is not necessarily presented each year... bands must earn this honor, and if no performances merit the award, the award is not given.
- Sydney, Australia - June 2012
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Pre-Olympic Festivities in Beijing, China.
- Honolulu, HI – March 2010.
- Disneyland in Anaheim, CA
- Participated in the Fiesta Bowl National Band Championship 2010.